Growing up in South Florida, food was a major part of my life. Some of the most common cuisines I grew up eating were Bahamian, Jamaican, Cuban and Haitian. I started working in the hospitality industry at 19 where I continued to build a love of food having worked for hotels, restaurants and cruise lines.
I moved to Atlanta in 2006 to further my career in hotels and worked as a manager where I was able to travel and of course enjoy the food in cities that I’d never been to before. After attending culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu in 2009, I started a blog with hopes of sharing my recipes, but I unfortunately got sidetracked as I dealt with a number of blows to my career and personal life.
As I dealt with the ups and downs of life, the one thing that always made me happy was being in the kitchen. I find such comfort and joy when I am able to create something tasty and then to share it with friends and family. In 2013, after posting picture after picture on Instagram of the food I was making, I picked up my blog again, changed the name and Happily Eating was reborn.
About the blog
I have to first say that I am not a writer. Happily Eating is where I share my recipes, places I love to eat and the libations I love to drink. It’s that simple.
Lets work together!
- Sponsored Posts/Product Reviews: I do accept items for product reviews, but I only review products I think my readers would like hearing about. I will always be 100% honest about what I like and dislike about a reviewed product with my readers. Sponsored posts are specifically tailored and written for your product and will include a link to your business/brand’s website.
- Restaurant Reviews: I share restaurant reviews with my readers, and I’m open to accepting invitations to sample a restaurant’s menu. Acceptance to sample a restaurant’s menu does not guarantee a restaurant review and all restaurant reviews will reflect the positives and negatives of my experience.
- Resort Restaurant Reviews: I have both a background in hotel management and food and I am available for opportunities to travel to your resort to provide a review of your restaurant and resort accommodations.
- Contests & Giveaways: My readers/followers love giveaways and contests. Giveaways and contests can be tied to product reviews and sponsored posts, or they can be separate and individually run.
- Recipe Development: I can create a recipe for any brand or business. Reach out to me if you need an original recipe featuring your products or developed around your brand.
- Brand Ambassador/Partnership: If you are looking for a blogger to represent your brand, I can be your product ambassador. Brand ambassadorship can be through blog content, social media mentions, print, or brand representation at a conference.
- Guest Posting & Contributing Content: I can provide original content for your site or publication and welcome guest posting opportunities.
- Social Media Mentions: I use social media to not only promote what I do but I also promote products, restaurants and brands that I use and love. I currently use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Some examples of brands I’ve worked with in the past are Zico Premium Coconut Water , Red Gold Tomatoes , GiGi’s Cupcakes , Tropical Smoothie, Southern Living Magazine, Success Rice, Chipotle and YP (formally known as YellowPages).
For more detailed information about working with me, send an email to email@example.com.